brooke

jarrett

  • Freshly Squeezed
http://brklin.com/files/gimgs/th-10_energogo_INTRO.jpg

 
http://brklin.com/files/gimgs/th-10_concept_sketch.jpg

Initial concept sketch of interlocking magnet casings alternating north/south as the pass by coils.

 
http://brklin.com/files/gimgs/th-10_positive-.jpg

After CAD'ing the spoke pattern, we created a wood positive for the mold-making process to create plastic casings.

 
http://brklin.com/files/gimgs/th-10_smooth-on-for-mold.jpg

Mold-making kit that we used.

 
http://brklin.com/files/gimgs/th-10_positive-in-mold.jpg

Creating the mold.

 
http://brklin.com/files/gimgs/th-10_mold-ready.jpg

Finished mold.

 
http://brklin.com/files/gimgs/th-10_mold_in_bike_spokes.jpg

Plastic casing in place on the back tire of the bike.

 
http://brklin.com/files/gimgs/th-10_interconnecting.jpg

We used aluminum screws to prevent interference with the magnets.

 
http://brklin.com/files/gimgs/th-10_magnet-into-plastic.jpg

Placing the magnets in an alternating pattern into the casings.

 
http://brklin.com/files/gimgs/th-10_spokes_with_magnet_fittings.jpg

Installing the casings.

 
http://brklin.com/files/gimgs/th-10_steel-yoke-concept.jpg

Concept sketch of yokes to hold coils in place to power the cell phone via electromagnetic induction.

 
http://brklin.com/files/gimgs/th-10_yokes_wrapped.jpg

I worked with a blacksmith to create these yokes by bending the metal and then welding on spokes. We used a lathe to spin the coils.

 
http://brklin.com/files/gimgs/th-10_putting_it_together.jpg

Installing yokes.

 
http://brklin.com/files/gimgs/th-10_demo_with_multimeter.jpg

Testing to see if there is a current produced using a multimeter (there's not)!

 
http://brklin.com/files/gimgs/th-10_thephone_v2.jpg

Then we added the circuit for powering the cell phone, which involved some capacitors and a heat sink.

 
http://brklin.com/files/gimgs/th-10_inuse.jpg

And then we used it on the open road! Worked like a charm.